Iowa STEM Scale-Up - STEM Cart
TeacherGeek is honored to be chosen by the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council as an exemplary STEM Program, proven to inspire and educate Iowa Pre-K through 12th grade students. TeacherGeek engages and empowers students with unparalleled STEM labs and challenges. It enables teachers at all levels and abilities to deliver the highest quality STEM experiences to their students.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3
2. If your application is selected, attend a paid PD session (6 hours of HANDS-ON FUN plus $120 stipend)
It’s super-fun, and you get paid (win-win)!
3. Receive your Cart! Woo-hoo!
What's a STEM Cart?
STEM Carts are the ultimate STEM solution for classrooms, schools, libraries, and beyond!
- Amazing curriculum that’s standards-aligned and teacher-designed
Click HERE to explore the projects!
- Ready-to-go documents and videos, optionally editable in MS Word
- Over 40 STEM projects with 100+ optional Labs and Challenges (and growing!)
- Over 18,000 components plus sturdy tools to create almost any project
- Supports hundreds of kids
- Videos optionally immerse kids in scenarios or get them started making
- Designed for equity, engaging for all kids with scaffolds that support students of all abilities
Who can apply?
- Principals, teachers, librarians
- Pre-K–12 cross-curricular educators, both in and out of the classroom. This includes public and private school Pre-K–12 teachers, youth organization leaders, informal education professionals, home school associations and others who deliver STEM education programming. See IowaSTEM.org/Scale-Up-Application for more info
How many Carts should I apply for?
- Elementary Classroom Teachers & Secondary Science Teachers: we recommend no more than 3 teachers take turns with the Cart.
- STEM/Specials/Elective Teachers: these teachers should have their own Carts.
What are the important deadlines?
- Application Deadline: Feb 28
- STEM Cart Webinars: Jan 28, Jan 31, Feb 23 (optional; register below)
Click the links below to sign up for an optional informational webinar.
STEM Cart Application + Helpful Info (for planning purposes - you must apply online HERE)
PDF -or- editable DOCX
How to Get Your TeacherGeek STEM Cart
What is the TeacherGeek STEM Cart?