Single SKU: 1822-92
10 Pack SKU: 1822-93
Ever think a mousetrap could power a car? Well, that's exactly what you'll be building here, using TeacherGeek components!
Start by building the base, then add the mousetrap's power and off it goes! Experiment with the included gears and other unique build components to allow the racer to go farther, faster or pull a heavy weight. If more traction is desired, install the included wheel tires. Apply the science of kinetic and potential energy, simple machines and friction as you design, construct and even reengineer the ultimate mousetrap vehicle.
Mousetrap Vehicle Educational Goals
- Utilize design and engineering process
- Encourage creativity, critical thinking and problem solving
- Learn about kinetic and potential energy
- Apply the scientific method
- Innovate (design, build and evolve your own unique vehicle)
Mousetrap Vehicle Activity Document Downloads
Design and Engineering Labs and Activites
- Mousetrap Vehicle Build Guide: Basic construction guide for the Mousetrap Vehicle
- Design the mousetrap car in CAD
- Create a mousetrap car that will go the longest distance
- Create a mousetrap car to drag race other mousetrap cars
- Create a mousetrap car to pull an object the greatest distance
- Create a mousetrap car that will stop as close to a given distance (marker) as possible
- Create a mousetrap car with a prototype shell (cut, printed, glued posterboard)
Other useful resources:
On the Web...
TeacherGeek Tools You'll Need
What tools will you need to do this activity?
Cutting dowels, strips, recycling bin items, etc.
Saw, Pruning Shears
Change splined holes in components from press fit (dowels press and stay) to loose fit (dowels are able to slide and rotate).
#3 Drill Bit and Drill
Tighten and loosen screws
Make your Mousetrap Vehicle even better by incorporating recycling bin material.
Mousetrap Vehicle Components
What's in the Mousetrap Vehicle Activity?
|Component:||10pk Quantity:||Single Quantity:|
|300mm Slide-Stop Material||2||1/3 (100mm)|
This is an educational product and not a toy. It is intended for use by ages 9 and above with adult supervision.
Science, Math & Engineering Standards
TeacherGeek products fit proposals, grants or lesson plans with ease! Explore more resources below:Next Generation Science Standards
NGSS Standards Download - PDF
NGSS Standards Spreadsheet - Editable /Searchable Excel Sheet
International Technology & Engineering Educators' Association Standards
ITEEA Standards Download - PDF
ITEEA Standards Spreadsheet - Editable/Searchable Excel Sheet