Single SKU: 1822-86
10 Pack SKU: 1822-87
50 Pack SKU: 1822-88
Are you ready to “Catch the Bug”? The bug is a truly fantastic and meaningful electronics learning activity. Finished bugs run around the floor with their own personality. They roam and explore by bumping into objects and finding new paths around the room.
Bugs teach basic electronics through a physical interactive experience; an experience that yields deep and long lasting understanding. Electrical concepts have never made so much sense, or been so much fun.
Bugs have inspired countless students to pursue STEM careers. They have been found to drastically increase interest and enrollment in STEM courses, especially for girls.
Bug Educational Goals
Technology, Engineering, Science, Vocational After School, Home
Ages 13 and above; Bugs are used from middle school to university levels
The Bug Activity...
- makes electrical concepts interesting and understandable
- appeals to a multitude of abilities, ages and knowledge levels
- allows students to work at their own level and pace
- challenges students to gain a higher level of understanding
- provides additional challenges for advanced students
- provides structure and support for students with limited understanding
- challenges and engages students like no other electronics project
- teaches electrical concepts using exciting physical feedback
- allows students to take ownership in the learning process, and take home the finished bug
- is surprisingly inexpensive
- Electrical Circuits
- Schematic Diagrams
- Soldering Techniques
Bug Activity Document Downloads
Electronics Lab: Bug experiments teach the fundamentals of electronics
Final Wiring: Permanent wires are soldered on to "bring the Bug to life"
Build a Bug: Start to finish Bug building guide without the electronics lab
On the Web...
TeacherGeek Tools You'll Need
What tools will you need to build this activity?
|Screwdriver||Tighten and loosen screws||
Wire striping / crimping
|Strip wire insulation and Crimp spade connector on.||
|Wire Stripper and Pliers|
|Soldering wires to motors or other wires||
|Heats plastic and allows it to bend||
Blow Dryer, Heat gun, Hot water
|Measuring||Measure output voltage||
|Acts as the load; allowing multi-meter to give a more accurate reading||
Resistor (2.7 ohm)
|Connects wires without having to solder or crimp||
Additional Supplies Needed to Build a Bug:
- Safety Glasses
- AA Batteries (2 per Bug)
What's in the "Catch the Bug" Electronics Activity?
|Component:||50pk Quantity:||10pk Quantity:||Single Quantity:|
|Colored Bug Wire||50||10||1|
This is an educational product and not a toy. It is intended for use by ages 9 and above with adult supervision.